NSPerformance Drift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 ESN/NSP Drift Event

+6
ProperOne
TomSupra48
Jankster
Ross
Isaiah 30:27
PistolPete
10 posters

Go down

2010 ESN/NSP Drift Event Empty 2010 ESN/NSP Drift Event

Post  PistolPete Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Discuss! What would you like to see for the next event or what did you enjoy?

PistolPete
Admin

https://nsperformancedrift.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

2010 ESN/NSP Drift Event Empty Re: 2010 ESN/NSP Drift Event

Post  Isaiah 30:27 Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Seat time was incredible this time. Obviously lack of attendance helped this,, but the guys at the line kept the cars moving. I think this is a key component ta a successful event. Its not fun for the crowd to watch NOTHING. There should always be a car on the course.

Next year - Possibly a different course layout. Better marketing to hopefully increase attendance. A true competition. DJ again. Address some safety concerns. And thats about it for me. I think for their first event the guys did great and will continue to do better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah we wanted to keep the cars moving so everyone could get some good time on the track. Glad it went so well and there was no major problems. Would def like to have seen more people come out but we will work on that next go.

Ross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jankster Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm hoping to drift next year, if I can get everything together, and find some more tires!

Jankster

Back to top Go down

Post  TomSupra48 Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 am

I think that the event was a win! Like above said, now that we have someone who cares running the event we can market it as much as possible and hope to get some more top guys out and bigger crouds!

Maybe look into renting bleachers, sorta like used at a local foot ball game or soccer game...

TomSupra48
TomSupra48

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:03 am

Yeah that would be nice , also would help the crowd keep off the fence during runs. One less thing we have to worry about

Ross
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ProperOne Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:20 am

Liked:
the awesome amount of seat time, the casual atmosphere, the low cost, the DJ booth right there, and the fact that it was local guys -- it hurts confidence for new drivers when it's like.. FD cars lol not that i want to bar top-level competititors just like that it was directed towards amateurs.

For next year:
more organized competition -- though i know it was difficult to even get a competition going with a low turnout... and we'll market more. I've been pushing the local scene a lot lately hopefully it'll grow!

overall.. it was AWESOME and i had a BLAST. i really enjoyed speaking with the more experienced drivers and getting some tips. everyone had a great attitude, can't wait for next year

ProperOne

Back to top Go down

Post  PistolPete Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 pm

I agree with everything said here. I think the competition was the only real weak point but that kinda went hand in hand with the low turnout. Hopefully this forum will help raise awareness about events coming up and we can start turning out some awesome events!

PistolPete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaiah 30:27 Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm

^ One of the best things about drifting is the ability to use it as a marketing tool. Exhibitions, rather than competitions are a great way to promote.

I think this event was good exposure for NSP. Even though the two drivers they had were marginal drifters at best.

Back to top Go down

Post  KeseanS14 Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Had a great time, seat time was awesome!
like stated above, address some safety concerns and spread the word to up attendance a bit more, more drivers, tho less seat time can also equal more fun.

and whats this about next year??
why wait! i think NSPDrift could succeed in making this a more a year thing, doesn't have to be every month. i would honestly enter everyone long as i can afford it.

Southeastdrift is done for the year, and no word is up for ANY upcoming events, Drivers will be looking for events to attend.

tho its true SED ended due to and i quote "This was a tough decision to make but due to the increasing costs of events and the decreasing participation by drivers and spectators due to heat and the economy, a business decision had to be made." which sucks because, things are getting more expensive to run this type of thing, but i think it would be worthwhile to atleast do a trial thing with an event or two to gauge the response form our fellow drifters that are desperately looking for events to attend.

tho i don't know the FULL mechanics about what it takes to run and put on a drift event, i think if advertised correctly, and though the correct venues, this could be big thing, and a great thing.
I think with the right people on our side, this can work, im willing to pay $100 to enter an event simply becuase thats what im used to, the 60 for Elite ewas a breaht of fresh air tho, but i dont mind paying more to do what i love, and i dont think others would either.

With the big players left being Streewise drift, and MBdrift, i think theres a much needed calling for someone to step up and make something happen in place of SED, tho SED was really big, i don't mind going to smaller events.

just some of what i was thinking of, thought id voice my OP.
Guess i should have made a thread about all this ha.

KeseanS14

Back to top Go down

Post  ProperOne Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 am

yeah if NSP can get some local events growing it will:
1) encourage a drift culture in the area, which will produce talent, provide customers for local shops, and make it over all badass around here.
2) give local drivers a close place to hone their skills without having to drive long distances -- it will also provide another venue for other drivers from out of town to get SEAT TIME.
3) be sweet.
4) give the street guys a legit outlet for all the awesomesauce we produce. instead of sliding into small children and the elderly in the city streets. which is fine but.. rather not.. cause that's only partially cool.
5) provide an unexpected and standout entertainment event for people in this area

ProperOne

Back to top Go down

Post  PistolPete Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I say we get it rolling then. I will talk with David tomorrow or Monday on details for pricing and what we can try to get it down to. It's basically going to cost us a total amount and then we have to divide it up based on how many people we can get to sign up. We definitely need more people then we had for the elite show, but it's very possible if we can go ahead and get word out that we are wanting to setup another event. If you have ANY good venue ideas please share and we will take everything into consideration.

PistolPete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaiah 30:27 Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Well, I hope for everyone's sake that you all can get a good deal. These events are not cheap and that is typically the reason for the demise of drift events. Drifting is a "low budget" driving sport. By that I mean, most of the people participating at a local level cant really afford to pay the entry fees. Heck, most of them cant afford the tires to do the events. I see it all the time on threads. "well, I may be at this event. If I can come up with the money for some tires" or "If I can save up enough to get my car running in time".
It costs a good bit of money for these events, even with volunteers. There is:
Venue rental
Insurance coverage
Cones
Waivers
Not to mention the cost of TIME for the person managing the event. In this case NSP / David and his crew.

I hope you all get a great deal and can make something local happen. It would be great fun. But I don't know if the local economy could sustain it.

Be sure to set the events up as "pre-pay" and like a 30 day no refund policy. This will help control the "I MIGHT be there" guys who will reserve a spot, but not show.

Best of luck. And of course if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyISB Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:42 pm

man once i finally decide to get my coupe running im looking for somewhere to slide....legally!
it'll be nice to have a hometown event every so often. I know I'd be out there every event helping out and what not. I did notice that with the seat time the drivers were getting were causing them to go to tires like no one's business. I had to take Kevin (yellow s13) to get more tires from tire corral that day. Is there anyway we could get a tire shop to help out in anyway with that? Maybe a mobile tire shop sorta thing if that's even possible.
AndyISB
AndyISB

Back to top Go down

Post  PistolPete Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:00 am

I think that is a killer idea. We will check into it and see if we can get some other companies on the bandwagon to help us out.

PistolPete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drift240x Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:19 am

Yea I really enjoyed the Event myself!! It was a pretty good course the seat time was unbelievable!! The ppl there were awsome...thanks again Andy for tire corral!!! Ended up burning 12 rear tires that day!!! I really hope you guys hold some local stuff more often...Now that SED has died i can only go to Charlolette!! Even if its not a big competion thing just practice days so ppl can come out and drift are fun as hell!! Very Happy thanks again to everyone that put on the event!!! You all kick ass!!!
drift240x
drift240x

Back to top Go down

Post  turboredneck Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 pm

I loved the event. It was my first drift event that I particapted. It would be great to have some events around the upstate.

turboredneck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down